I just tried on my new Go Daddy work shirt. I really like it, and it looks good but something felt a little off. After a little searching I found this nice guide to fitting your clothes over at Ask Men. There were a couple of tips that I found really helpful:
- Dress shirts tend to shrink after a few washings, so before buying and getting a shirt tailored, make sure the sleeve is slightly longer in order to counteract any eventual shrinkage.
- If the shirt’s seams meet at the shoulder, you know it fits quite well.
And if you’re fitting up some pants you’ll need to keep these things in mind:
There are three basic jean styles: regular, relaxed and loose.
- > Regular fit is as the name implies; traditional and somewhat slim-fitting.
- > Relaxed fit features an extra half-inch in the butt.
- > Loose fit includes anywhere between one and four inches of additional fabric in the butt and thigh.