This post has stuff about religion and a previous relationship. My perspective has changed
Before you start any research on treatment or causes of shoulder pain and neck pain you need to know one thing: God can heal it. I know it sounds crazy but I saw it first hand this week.
Last Sunday Mary and I prayed for an older man who had had either a cyst or tumor in his right shoulder. I forget which it was. He was scheduled for an MRI . Today at church I asked him how his shoulder was feeling. He exclaimed that it was feeling great. When he went in for his appointment the doctor was astonished to find that his shoulder was completely fine! He was able to cancel the MRI .
I know that “healing churches” have had a bad rap so I wanted to tell you how different my experience with healing has been. My church is part of a movement of churches founded by the former keyboard player of the Righteous Brothers.
- Everything has a practical approach: if Jesus did it we do it
- It’s very low key. Jeans and t-shirts are the norm
- We pray with our eyes open so we can see what’s going on
- When we pray for healing we routinely ask if anything is happening
- We don’t punch, kick, shout, or run up and down the aisles
- We meet in a budget theater
- We have a rock band that plays worship
You don’t have to be a Christian for God to heal you. In fact you can pray for healing now and God may do it. If you’d rather have someone else pray for you hit up a local Vineyard church. They’re pretty non-threatening as far as churches go. At the very least, it’s worth as shot before you go through the time and trouble of research and medical treatment.
Photo by Adrian Barnes